Friday, September 7, 2007

# 18

Ikea
Got the new 2008 Ikea catalogue in the mail yesterday and it inspired me to take photos of the Ikea household items my family has amassed throughout the years. Never thought Ikea was such an integral part of my everyday life, until i had the time to look around the house today and noticed their quiet existence.
A refreshing glass of ribena as I browse through the new catalogue!
I love buying glasses and cups from Ikea. They are so affordable and so elegant looking.
Love the light play on the kitchen's homogeneous tiled floor.
The 8-year-old loft bed that took my cousin and bro hours to assemble. Notice the bit of decay on the main support...that is the reason i dont sleep in the loftbed anymore.
My oh-so-retro wardrobe with chicken wire mesh doors.
An Ikea energy-saving light bulb that costs more than the reading lamp itself!
Chris got me this lamp a long time ago so that i could read in the night.
Nice curves there!
The fierce stainless steel edge of a 'curry' table with a battle scar.
A peek into the plastic wastepaper bin.
Hmm...should have taken a pic of the more executive-looking grey metal mesh wastebin as well.
A familiar thing lurking in the corner of many homes in spore.
The SGD 8.90 Ikea plastic folding chair that is ultra versatile and elegant.
And it does more than supporting ur butt.
I've got a purple one holding up my new printer right now!
A fav in my family.
This portable folding table allow us to eat our meals everywhere.
One of the newest addition to the family of Ikea items in my home
- a ribbed vase i bought at the july sale.
No these tulips are not from Ikea.
They are from my darlin before he left for holland.
No they are not real.
The vase doing a pretty job of holding the colourful tulips.



Cant wait to check out Ikea's new range!

No comments: