Thursday, April 26, 2007

# 2

My all-time fav quotes:

"It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

"With any luck, by next year - I'll be going out with one of these girls. [shows pictures of beautiful supermodels]
But for now, let me say -
Without hope or agenda -
Just because it's Christmas -
And at Christmas you tell the truth -
To me, you are perfect -
And my wasted heart will love you -
Until you look like this [picture of a mummy]
Merry Christmas. "
- Love Actually
Love actually is one of my all-time fav movie. Its got sooo much love in it that everytime i watch it, i felt like i'm falling in love all over again. Its the ultimate xmas/holiday movie/romcom that i'll nv ever ever get tired of...esp when it stars the absolutely charming COLIN FIRTH *swoon*

"If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love... I love... I love you. And I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."
-Pride & Prejudice

Started to read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen recently. Must admit i first got interested in it because of colin firth. Been dying to get a copy of the BBC production with colin firth, to no avail. Guess i just have to stick to watching little snippets of it on Youtube.=( You have no idea how moved i was when colin firth's character 'Mr Darcy' said the above in the miniseries. Totally totally made me believe in forever love.

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that... for one chance... just one chance... to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take out lives, but they will never take our freedom!"
- Braveheart

From Jerry Maguire-
"Show me the money!"

Straight to the point...heehee

"You complete me."
Something that I've always wanted to say to C.

"You had me at hello."
Love at first sight, or should i say, love at first word =)

"I fell in love."
"Oh, as if you had no choice? There's a moment, there's always a moment, 'I can do this, I can give in to this, or I can resist it', and I don't know when your moment was, but I bet you there was one. "
-Closer

I super 'feel' this quote the moment i heard it in the movie. It describes so accurately the train of thoughts a person goes through in his mind before deciding whether to take a chance and cheat on his/her partner. Makes me wonder if the scriptwriter was infidel to his/her partner and realised what a mistake he/she made.

I enjoy movies alot.

I think they are one of the little simple wonders in life. They suspend ur beliefs,bring u insights and knowledge, expose ugly truths and sometimes bring little nuggets of wisdom and hope to ur mundane life.

Oh how i wish to be whisked away to a place of love and happiness right now, away from the harsh realities of life and work.
I hate my current work but there is bond included in the contract and i really dont wish to break the bond. Firstly, i dont like leaving things done halfway, and secondly, i really dont want to pay the company.

Been thinking of going away for a break very soon. Norway with its spectacular fjords and blue lagoon in Iceland seemed super other-worldly and extremely appealing. It will be another 2 months at least till i can go on leave, and that is if i send in my leave application tommorrow.

Oh well.
Guess i'll just escape into the fictional world of Jane Austen's old England and stay there for a little while till i have to go to work tommorrow evening.

No comments: